The charity’s objects (‘Objects’) are specifically restricted to the advancement of education of operatives working in industry within the United Kingdom in one or more of the following ways:
- by facilitating competence card schemes which will set standards and develop and test competencies in order to increase public confidence in the operatives' work;
- by promoting participation by operatives in the schemes;
- by promoting participation by operatives in all forms of education and training in conjunction with and in addition to the schemes;
- by improving the quality and flexibility of the educational provision available to operatives; and
- by improving access for operatives to learning opportunities and facilitating progression to further learning, employment and higher education.