Key skills expected of a CPCS Tester
Successful testing depends on the competence of the CPCS Tester.
A competent CPCS Tester is defined as an individual who has the following minimum qualities:
- Able to communicate effectively and confidently verbally and in writing to a range of persons and for reports
- Able to recognise and show empathy for the operating and learning abilities of others, show patience, and adapt approach to accommodate all situations
- Able to recognise poor practice against test criteria and provide appropriate feedback
- Able to apply appropriate questioning techniques
- Able to lead and maintain control at all times
- Able to test effectively in both classroom and other working environments under varying conditions
- Able to deliver testing whilst offering equal access and equal opportunities to all.
CITB Health & Safety Test Find a Test Centre Support Documents