Get a CPCS Tester Card
Learn which skills and experience you require to become a CPCS Tester.
All delegates must have relevant experience on the category or categories of plant, are trained and assessed in order to successfully deliver learning to those lacking the relevant skills and knowledge and/or able to independently and impartially judge a learners skills, knowledge and understanding through an assessment process. This is evidenced through the completion of a Record of Category Experience (RoE).
Once the RoE has been approved, you need to:
- Hold one of the following Health & Safety Qualifications
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate within 5years
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate with IOSH Membership (Tech IOSH Level Membership as a minimum) if older than 5years
- Site Managers Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)
- Managing and Co-ordinating Plant (MCP) with Refresher were applicable
- IOSH Managing Safely (within 5years)
- Level 5 or 6 H&S Qualification accompanied with an in date CSCS card stating the following occupation routes:
- Construction Health and Safety Manager (with Minimum Tech IOSH Membership)
- Construction Health and Safety Senior Manager (with Minimum Tech IOSH Membership)
- Hold a valid in date first aid certificate
- Pass the Managers and Professionals (MAP) CITB health, safety and environment test
- Achieve the CPCS Advanced theory test (within two years of the HS&E MAP test)
- Achieved the CPCS Advanced practical test (within six months of theory test and 2 years of the HS&E MAP test)
- Attend and pass the CPCS Tester Course*
- Achieve the relevant role-based competence qualification**
* This course is now delivered by specially approved CPCS Test Centres known as CPCS Academies. Further information is available by contacting CPCS NOCN Job cards on 0300 999 1177.
** If Role-based competence has not been achieved at the time of application, a two year Provisional Tester card will be issued.
Both CPCS Advanced Theory and Practical Tests are delivered by an approved CPCS Test Centre.