Get a CPCS Black Tester Card
Learn which skills and experience you require to become a CPCS Tester.
All delegates must have relevant experience on the category or categories of plant, are trained and assessed in order to successfully deliver learning to those lacking the relevant skills and knowledge and/or able to independently and impartially judge a learners skills, knowledge and understanding through an assessment process. This is evidenced through the completion of a Record of Category Experience (RoE).
Once the RoE has been approved, you need to:
- Hold a Managing & Co-ordinating Plant (MCP) 5 day certificate
- Hold a valid in date first aid certificate
- Pass the Managers and Professionals (MAP) CITB health, safety and environment test
- Achieve the CPCS Advanced theory test (within two years of the HS&E MAP test)
- Achieved the CPCS Advanced practical test (within six months of theory test and 2 years of the HS&E MAP test)
- Attend and pass the CPCS Tester Course*
- Achieve the relevant role-based competence qualification**
* This course is delivered on behalf of CPCS by the National Construction College (NCC). Further information on the course, its costs and availability can be found by clicking on this link: CPCS Tester Course, alternatively you can call the booking line on 0344 994 4433.
** If Role-based competence has not been achieved at the time of application, a two year Provisional Tester card will be issued.
Both CPCS Advanced Theory and Practical Tests are delivered by an approved CPCS Test Centre.